Let It Go
One thing I've learned how to do as I've gotten older:
Tell people what you really think and how you really feel. Any relationship is worth losing if you can't be yourself. If someone is hurting you or causing you grief, wait for them to initiate a conversation, and spill it. I did that tonight and it felt good. I think people need to take responsibility for their actions. If I make you feel like shit and you tell me, I'll stop. If you can do the same for me, you're worth my time. If not, we're all done, I guess. Too harsh? Maybe..but I've come to the point where I'm willing to let go of things that aren't working. But first I'll try REALLY hard to make it work.
One thing I haven't learned:
How to let shit go. My friend told me tonight to let it go. But I can't. I don't know why. Residual feelings? Resentment? Hurt? Anger? I wish I could get over shit a lot faster than I do. And I wish I didn't care as much as I do.
I'm about to start reading Burro Genius: A Memoir by Victor Villasenor for this Latina Book Club I might join. Am I Latina? No. Does that mean I can't join the book club? I haven't decided. One of my friends always makes fun of me for being really "into" the mexican culture. I call it being raised 10 minutes from the border in California (FYI, the only people who call it "Cali" are people who don't live there). OK, really it's just the chulos. I meant churros. Ha. I slay myself.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home