Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Attention

Today, I began the process of resolving my school problems. We got the go-ahead to start out 3-year-old program so I don't have to co-teach with my worst nightmare (again, with the dramatics). Then, when I got home I sat and relayed to U-W my story of how one of my students gagged and threw up when I made him touch pumpkin pulp today.

But for the more interesting stuff, allow me to introduce a new character in my faux-dating life...The Maestro. The Maestro is a bilingual PPCD teacher I met at a meeting last month. We chatted and he told me he's in the same graduate program I just finished. He asked me if he could call me to ask questions about assignments, expectations, etc. (good one, huh?). So we've been chatting on and off. He's my age, has a kid the same age as Offspring, lives nearby in a duplex he owns, and is relatively new to teaching. He's ok looking, nice, laughs a lot. But I think he's not really inot teaching and he doesn't sound very good at it. He's not all that well-spoken and seems like he might be a bit of a meathead. On the flip side, he's got his shit together, is nice, and espeaksa the espanish. I don't know...

So today he called me and we talked about more school stuff...he asked me for ideas for his observation and I told him to come visit my classroom. All in all, it was a good conversation.

THEN, Waterloo calls me (remember I thought I had unintentionally blown him off)...and wants to know when he's going to get to see me. I told him I'd meet him out for a drink Saturday night when he gets off work at 11:30. He told me not to flake on him and break his heart (whatever, he just wants to make out).

And then, Rafa3000 calls me and says exactly what I need to hear...that I should just relax and have some throw-away dates and enjoy myself (I'm paraphrasing....he said it in more of a guy way).

Oh, and then I talked my little Zozie. Overall, a night filled with attention provided by the big bad companies of Sprint and AT&T...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home