Sunday, January 01, 2006

One more

OK, so I gave my blog url to one of my favorite friends who recently moved away...maybe this is a better way for me to keep in touch (because I suck at that). She told me I talked about a certain person a lot. Yes, this is part of the problem. So my final NY resolution (I only have 30 more minutes till it's no longer the 1st!) is to talk about other, more interesting things more. Seriously, I mean I do have a life that is occasionally worth talking about that doesn't involve men, I think!

Por ejemplo, my teenaged sister is adorable. She has a myspace account and it's all punk rock and glam. It's so cute, Watching teenagers explore who they are, develop interests, and assert themselves to make a statement is fascinating.

My son, however, is on the road to teenager world and I'm anxious. Today we were driving back from S.A. and he's playing his DS and getting madder and madder. i warned him to chill o9ut and the next thing I know he BROKE it. Seriously, I think it was an impulsive act but still. It's fucking broken. He's used a few hundred of his own dollars buying that things and the games to go with and for what? I'm so disappointed for him, I feel sad, I worry about his temper. And I'm pissed. What a waste of money. And he LOVES that thing. I told him he's done with video games indefinitely at my house and that I was going to talk to Daddy and see if he would take the PS2 privilege away at his house, too. And I worked him over bigtime. I talked about consequences, choices, regretting impulsive acts, being sad because of regret, and how disappointed I was in him. He cried and cried. And I feel sad for him. It's painful to see your baby hurt....serious pain.

Lastly, we ate at Popeye's tonight because I didn't have the motivation to go to the grocery store and cook...and I had a two-for-one coupon. So bad for my butt...but yum! That shit is tight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home