A New Year
I'm not into "New Year's Eve" at all...but I do like to make resolutions to myself as a way of setting goals. Aside from the whole exercise, travel, blahblahblah, I have one important goal. I resolve to make better choices in the company I keep and the choices I make with said company. I'm not letting myself get sucked into the mess that is my babydaddy's life, I'm separating myself from the friend who is dishonest, hurtful, and who I have too many feelings for. I'm creating new relationships with people that revolve around saying what I feel, being honest, and asserting myself. Mostly, I'm avoiding situations that make me feel sad or bad about myself. OK, enough therapy-speak.
This year it's certain I'll finish grad school, pay off one major debt, and be a mother. What's uncertain are the other things. So I resolve to try to go to Mexico for a month over the summer, get a job at a different school, show some fucking self-respect and get myself out of one particularly hurtful situation, and hold out for the-guy-who-will-love-me instead of the-guy-who-will-like-me-when-there's-no-one-else-around.
So it shall be written, so it shall be done.
Happy New Year!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home