Friday, September 23, 2005

ACL Fest

I am so tired! But the first day of ACL was fun. I saw Mates of State (great), Thievery Corporation (alright), Spoon (fun), listened to a little Allman Brothers (boring), Keane (pretty good), and stayed for a few Lyle Lovett songs. Heard the Black Crowes on the way out but I've never been much of a fan. Then took a bus back home, drove my friend home, and now I'm showered and feeling better!

Back again tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to go until 5ish tomorrow. I'm saving my energy for Sunday when there are so many bands I want to see (including one friend's band--yea! for him). Tomorrow I need to bring more water and less clothing, maybe.

And, it looks like Hurricane Rita won't be so bad after all for our state. I was hoping this was hysteria and not the real thing. Now how will all those people get back home?

My friend from Las Vegas called me last night to laugh about what an idiot our governor is...it's funny cuz it's true. Then tonight she calls and asks me what's up with our officials? Why can't they speak coherently. What can I say? I live in the bubble. Austin's not like the rest of Texas and the parts that are...well we keep those hidden, don't we?

At a special ed. meeting a couple days ago, we looked at statistics in spec.ed. regarding racial/ethnic groups. When compared to other districts in TX, guess who we are like? Vidor. Not Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, even Laredo. Vidor. And a few other districts in towns I've never even heard of. It's sad cuz it's true. And 33% of our students with emotional disturbances are black. Yuk. I know how to fix students (sometimes) but how do you fix the system? I don't know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home